What is Xperimania V “TALK2US” :
– Joint EPCA – APPE (Association of Petrochemicals Producers in Europe) initiative
– Part of the successful Xperimania series that focus on industry – school dialogue and exchange of information / learning
– Four online chats will take place between the chemical industry and students
– Chats are scheduled between end of October 2012 and May 2013
– Chats will focus on the image of the chemical industry as an enabler of sustainable solutions and as a provider of many interesting career opportunities
EPCA and APPE (Association of Petrochemicals Producers in Europe) jointly launch the initiative « TALK2US « . This initiative represents a new chapter in a series of successful Xperimania initiatives during which the chemical industry is talking directly to students on the attractiveness of chemical sciences and the exciting future the industry offers in terms of careers.
The TALK2US initiative is part of EPCA’s sustained educational efforts and is being developed in the context of inGenious, a large scale industry – school partnership to develop best practices to raise the uptake of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education in Europe. Indeed, too few students opt for STEM studies and this results in the fact that companies are facing recruitment problems whilst at the same time competing for talents. Thus the need to introduce students to careers in industry at an early age, as well as to get them more interested in pursuing science studies is crucial. In order to achieve this goal, industry needs to work closer with education than before.
In this context Xperimania V “TALK2US” has been created with the aim to increase students’ awareness and understanding of chemistry in their everyday life. Four online chats and mini competitions will be organized until May 2012 featuring a number of topics and experts. The industry experts are already looking forward to getting a better understanding of young people’s perception of sustainable chemistry, and they can’t wait to get started with the first online chat on 25 October 2012.
More information on http://www.xperimania.net